Apprenticeship Scheme – Underwriting
We will provide you with the oversight and training to enable you to become a knowledgeable, competent Underwriter across multiple product lines and distribution networks. This includes bespoke products that will enable you to gain fantastic experience whilst also studying towards CII qualifications.
Why Become a CG Apprentice?
Start work or carry on studying? The CG apprenticeship scheme lets you enjoy the best of both worlds; the opportunity to develop vital skills in the workplace and earn a competitive salary while you learn. It’s the ideal headstart in your career at a family owned business.
As an apprentice, you’ll be a permanent CG employee, working in insurance from day one. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have potential and a hunger to learn as you are the future of our business. So we’ll prepare you fully for success with early responsibility and ongoing development. By learning on the job, you’ll quickly become a technical specialist with the business knowledge to help our account managers and clients.
- Positions available nationwide
- Competitive salary with yearly increases
- Comprehensive on-the-job training
- Full support towards professional qualifications
Our business leaders will commit their time to helping you develop. The relationships you build give you an incredible opportunity to soak up valuable experiences and knowledge first hand. Here are some of the most important touchpoints at the start of your CG career:
- Your Apprentice network – you’ll meet Apprentices from all areas of CG in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one.
- Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development.
- Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have.
- Online Application – Send a copy of your CV by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, outlining which career stream you would like to follow and why you feel you would be a good candidate.
- Interview – In some instances, you may be invited to a final formal interview which will focus on your knowledge about our business and the industry, as well as your motivation and commitment.
- Offer – We will make a decision quickly, taking into consideration your performance throughout the process. You will receive a phone call with the details of the offer.
- Welcome Day – Once you have completed your paperwork, you will be invited to a Welcome Day to meet other apprentices and members of your team.
- Minimum five A* – C grade GCSEs including English and Maths.
- Numeracy, an analytical mind and consultancy skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- True understanding of the value of customer service.
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising.
- Keen desire to build on your basic understanding of the requirement of insurance business and progress quickly in your career.