To deal with all aspects of both first party and third party claims including, but not limited to; customer claims, third party damage claims, credit hire and credit repair damage claims within agreed quality and service standard up to the specified handling authority limit.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Manage individual first and third party claims from cradle to grave to successful conclusion. Negotiate settlement of claims in a proactive & cost effective manner.
- Provide an A class claims service to both first and third parties.
- Monitor individual claims on a daily basis, controlling the overall claims costs.
- Intervene on individual claims in order to keep claims costs to a minimum, this will include intervening and providing claimants with a replacement hire vehicle via our panel supplier.
- Attend relevant market forums.
- Contribute to plans for managing all aspects claims issues that arise from time to time.
- Be aware of market developments regarding credit hire, credit repair and third party damage claim management.
- Ensure awareness of TCF and how customers are managed.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Financial Crime.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Use the in house systems
- Identify problems & communicate accordingly
- Comply with FCA and audit requirements
- Escalate any conflicting work requests
- Previous experience in dealing with first and third-party damage, including credit hire claims including subrogated recoveries
- A reasonable level of understanding of the MIB, RTA and Article 75 status
- A basic understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules
- A high level of understanding for both the ABI GTA/Non GTA credit hire processes
- Experience in negotiating litigated claims
- Ideally you will either be Cert CII qualified or working towards this qualification