Insurance Broker – Aberdeen Branch
We have a great opportunity to join our small but busy team in Aberdeen. We are looking for motivated candidates looking to work with a friendly, customer driven team.
About the role
- Deliver excellent customer service customer whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the clients demands and needs
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier’s risk appetite and guidelines or liaise with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
- The role is full-time, working 35.00 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
It goes without saying that you will be at your best when you are helping customers by delivering exceptional service. Ideally you will have experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on performance and putting the customer first.
You will be:
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including Clegg Gifford’s obligations to insurers.
- Required to understand technical knowledge of the Clegg Gifford product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to each customer
- Be energetic and have a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong team ethic
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and
What’s in it for you?
You can expect to receive full training and the support until you’re fully competent in the role. You will based in the office and at every stage of the training we’ll make sure you’re happy and confident with what you’ve learnt.
We believe in the value of developing our people and we can offer you genuine career opportunities. Following your initial induction and training we will provide valuable in-role development, you’ll also have opportunity to attain accredited industry qualifications.