The role is within the Underwriting Department, based at the Colchester office. The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for Existing Business and Renewals and to assist the Team. The role requires dealing with clients in the branch, over the phone and via e-mail to ensure retention targets are maximised, through the provision of efficient communication & negotiation skills.
We are looking for a candidate who has good judgement, is analytical, pays great attention to detail, is flexible, initiative-taking, driven & who delivers excellent customer service whilst always adhering to their individual underwriting authority limits and in accordance with the procedure manual.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for Existing Business and Renewals.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client’s demands and needs.
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate Renewal premiums in accordance with the specific carrier’s risk appetite and guidelines or liaise with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to answer a customer’s query in relation to a Mid-Term Adjustment.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
- Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
Product & Technical Knowledge
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including Clegg Gifford’s obligations to insurers.
- Required to understand technical knowledge of the Clegg Gifford product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong team ethic
- Manage time effectively; ability to work under pressure
- Good personal organisation skills
- Good timekeeping and presentation of self and work
- Strong negotiation and people skills
- Articulate & Numerate
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC)
- Competent in word, excel, outlook and internet
- Must have 2 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment
- Educated to GCSE level an advantage
- Cert CII qualification an advantage