Newcastle Branch Manager
Manage the maintenance, development, performance, governance, administration and delivery of the insurance provision for the organisation to produce an efficient service and delivery solution, maximizing efficiency, performance and best value against pre-agreed targets
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Ensure that the insurance team understands its duties and its role within the organisation.
- Responsibility to adhere to agreed criteria and budgets and plan to maximize efficiency, best value and performance.
- Meet your targets and those of the team and organisation as a whole.
- The smooth running of the of the team and organisation as a whole.
- Contribute to training and development of the team and organisation as a whole.
- Assist Line Manager in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans.
- Maintain responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory, regulations, professional standards, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable.
- Day to day responsibilities agreed with your manager to include:
- Manage, direct and monitor insurance activities and the overall performance of the team to increase efficiency and maximize performance.
- General administration of all insurance provisions including claims.
- Effective liaison, support, and assistance with the whole of the organisation.
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for the provision of insurance, including surveying and measuring governance, performance, administration and outcomes and disseminate feedback to the appropriate persons/entities.
- Utilise systems to manage insurance functions, analysis and documentation.
- Direct the development of plans for insurance, including management to achieve targets.
- Developing plans for insurance progress.
- Support to all other departments with insurance related issues.
- Subject to agreed criteria; recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met.
- Reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required.
- Assist in developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve targets.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review.
- Manage and maintain contact with internal and external clients/customers and suppliers.
- Set an example for team members of commitment, insurance management, administration standards, work ethics and habits and personal character.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls.
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures.
- Interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers.
- From time to time, you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
- You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager.
- You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
- Attend, promote and arrange marketing & networking events.
- Must have 3 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment
- Cert CII qualification an advantage.