Retention Team Leader
To support the Renewals Team facilitating the management of workloads and a team of underwriters overseeing the renewal of Commercial and personal lines insurance policies. Working closely with the Branch Manager to ensure retention targets are maximised and that best practice is adhered to when quoting and the department are working within SLA’s and agreed binding authority agreements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Daily organisation of workloads within the Team to ensure that deadlines and SLA’s are met in accordance with company policies and any agreed binding authority agreements.
- Supporting the Team to create an efficient, customer focused culture achieving Team service levels and objectives.
- Assist with the Management, Training and Development of the Team.
- Review MI, statistics, and QC feedback; provide feedback to the employees in line with CG and carrier requirements and provide suggestions for change from the root cause analysis.
- Referral point for risks and queries from the Team.
- Manage & record one on one’s monthly and provide summary reports.
- Lead by example and to demonstrate excellent customer service skills providing a high standard of internal and external customer contact including taking calls if required and quoting or adjusting the appropriate risks within your granted authority limits.
- To attend meetings when required with external companies including client prospects along with new and existing customers.
- Ensure the team are aware of and comply with all relevant legislative requirements, including financial services regulations, GDPR, and complaints procedures.
- Ensure there is fairness to our customers through procedures, whilst ensuring clear communication with both our internal and external customers, people, and partners.
Product and Technical Knowledge
- Technical knowledge of the Clegg Gifford Motor & commercial product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
- An understanding of the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including Clegg Gifford’s obligations to insurers.
Skills and Competencies
- Competent in Windows Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to manage time effectively and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent timekeeping and presentation of self and work
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Articulate & Numerate
- Significant focus on delivery of a first-class customer experience
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and deliver allocated risks
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC)
- Be positive, enthusiastic, and motivational about what you do!
- Must have 3 years’ experience working in a broking or underwriting Environment
- Supervisory or management experience an advantage
- CII qualification or working to obtain the qualification