Senior Broker (Sales) – Wakefield
The role is within the Underwriting Department. The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for New Business and to assist the Branch and be a referral point for the Trainees. The role requires dealing with clients in the branch, over the phone and via e-mail to ensure sales targets are maximised, through the provision of efficient communication & negotiation skills.
We are looking for a candidate who has good judgement, is analytical, pays great attention to detail, is flexible, initiative-taking, driven & who delivers excellent customer service whilst always adhering to their individual underwriting authority limits and in accordance with the procedure manual.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client’s demands and needs.
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier’s risk appetite and guidelines or consult with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Handle complaints in line with the current process
- Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Required to be a referral point within the Branch for Trainees.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
Product and Technical Knowledge
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including Clegg Gifford’s obligations to insurers.
- Required to understand technical knowledge of the Clegg Gifford product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
Skills and Competencies
- Competent in windows-based programmes; word, excel, outlook and internet
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong team ethic
- Manage time effectively; ability to work under pressure
- Good personal organisation skills
- Good timekeeping and presentation of self and work
- Strong negotiation and people skills
- Articulate & Numerate
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC)
- Must have 3 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment
- Educated to GCSE level an advantage
- Cert CII qualification an advantage