Mechanical Repairer Insurance

No one knows the motor trade like us!
The UK's leading motor trade insurer.

get quote

Mechanical Repairer Insurance

Mechanical repairer insurance is a key consideration for everyone in this sector, whether you work full-time from a business premises or part-time from home. We can cover you to drive customers’ vehicles for testing and diagnosis purposes and if you work from a business premises we can provide protection for your tools and machinery as well as your building and contents.

At Clegg Gifford Insurance, we have a large number of mechanics on our books – everyone from one-man band mobile repairers to substantial workshops - and have a comprehensive range of policies that include all the various covers you require. 

What Type of Cover Do You Need?

There are many additional benefits to our mechanical repairer insurance cover. If you work from home then a road risks policy would be a good fit for you. However, you may also need cover for your own vehicles if you’re a mobile mechanic and protection for your tools and machinery, which can be extremely expensive to replace. 

If you have employees then it’s a legal requirement that you have employers’ liability cover. You may also wish to take out public liability insurance to protect members of the public who are injured on your premises. Whatever your requirements, we have access to flexible and affordable policies that incorporate all the cover you need to save you time and money.   

Additional Cover To Consider 

Mechanics come in all shapes and sizes, so you need mechanical repairer insurance that meets your particular requirements. Our flexible policies are tailored to the activities you undertake alongside your main trade, whether that’s buying and selling vehicles, recovery or deliveries. Some options for your cover include: 

• Public and employers’ liability up to £10 million indemnity level
• Products, sales and service indemnity
• Stock, tools & equipment, machinery and plant – various sums insured
• Engineering inspection and engineering insurance
• Road risks for motor trade including recovery and movement of customer/own vehicles and extensions for secondary occupations such as building contractor 
• Office contents and computer equipment
• Money cover and business interruption
• Buildings cover and tenant improvement cover
• Own vehicles covered including personal and business vehicles
• Vehicles and goods in transit cover
• Movement of vehicles by apprentices
• Vehicles of varying GVWs including HGVs

We get to know your business to make sure you only pay for the cover you need and use our existing relationships with a panel of leading insurers to secure the best possible price. Get in touch to discuss your requirements or request a quote today.  

Get your quote now