Valeting Insurance

Not a spot in sight...
With Clegg Gifford's Valeting Insurance Policy

get quote

Valeting Insurance

At Clegg Gifford, we have been insuring motor trade risks for 50 years and understand the industry inside out. In that time, we have tailored policies to meet the specific requirements of all kinds of businesses including car valeting companies large and small.

If you run a car valeting business, whether at home, from a car park or from a business premises then you need valeting insurance to protect you and your customers from the risks you face. As a car valet, your customers trust you with one of their most valuable possessions, but no matter how much care you take, things can go wrong. Accidents can happen when you least expect it, so it makes sense to have a least a basic level of protection in place.

What Cover Do You Need?

You will require a motor trade policy to move customers’ vehicles, starting from the most basic to those covering customers’ vehicles up to an indemnity value while they are in your care, custody and control. You must also advertise the limit of your indemnity before the customer hands their car over to you.

When choosing the right level of cover, you should also consider things like:

  • The additional risks if you keep customer vehicles overnight;
  • The possibility of an accident involving a member of the public while you’re working;
  • The value of the tools and equipment you keep on site or in your van.

Additional Options

Valeting may not be your full-time occupation, in which case we can tailor a part-time valeting insurance policy to meet your needs, although we will need to see proof of other employment. We also provide employers’ and public liability cover and cover for specialist equipment, as well as combined policies for larger operations.

Other additional options we offer include:

  • Public and employers’ liability - up to £10 million indemnity level
  • Stock, equipment, machinery and plant
  • Road risks for motor trade including movement of customers’/own vehicles and extensions for personal business use occupations such as window cleaning
  • Office contents and other equipment
  • Money cover & business interruption
  • Buildings and their contents
  • Own vehicles covered including personal and business vehicles

How Can We Help?

The valeting insurance you need will depend very much on you and your business. In some cases, you may already have cover from another source. We will discuss your requirements before tailoring a single, flexible and affordable policy that includes only the cover you need. Get in touch to discuss your requirements or request a quote today. 

Get your quote now