Account Executive – Plymouth
The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for New Business and Renewals to assist the Branch and be a referral point for the Assistants. The role requires dealing with clients over the phone and via e-mail to ensure retention and sales targets are maximised, through the provision of efficient communication & negotiation skills.
You will need to have good judgement, be analytical, have great attention to detail, be flexible, self-motivated, driven & deliver excellent customer service whilst always adhering to their individual underwriting authority limits and in accordance with the procedure manual.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Delivering good outcomes for customers and putting the customer’s interests first.
- Ensure the customer understands what we sell and support the customer in anyway you can.
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client? EUR(TM)s demands and needs.
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier? EUR(TM)s risk appetite and guidelines or liaise with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
- Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Required to be a referral point within the Branch.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including Clegg Gifford’s obligations to insurers and understand technical knowledge of the Clegg Gifford product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, including effective communication with clients and insurers, including clear explanation of complex insurance terms and conditions.
- An understanding of the UK insurance market, including trends, risks and regulatory changes.
- The ability to understand diverse client needs, including specific industry risks and business objectives.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent timekeeping and presentation of self & work.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Articulate & Numerate.
- Analytical and ability to solve problems, including the capacity to solve complex insurance related challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and deliver allocated tasks.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Positive can-do attitude and strong team ethic.
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Be positive, enthusiastic and motivational about what you do!
- Must have 2 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment.
- Cert CII qualification is an advantage.