Phone Icon blue 01708 971000 Phone Icon blue 01708 971000

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a new business quotation?

Speak to the Retail New Business team on: 01708 982 784.

How do I get proof of my No Claim Discount?

If your policy is due for renewal, the renewal quotation letter should count as evidence of your no claim discount (NCD) for your next insurer.

If you cancel at any other point, and have been insured with us for more than a year, we’ll automatically include proof of NCD, if applicable, with your cancellation letter. If you would prefer this via email, please request this at the time of cancelling.

If you’ve been with us for less than a year we’ll send you a separate letter to confirm how long you have been claim free for (in total).

If you have already cancelled your policy and no longer have your documents, please call us on 01708 971000.

How do I make a change to my policy?

It is quick and easy to make a change to your policy with Clegg Gifford. Give us a call on 01708 971000 to discuss this further.

We will need to know details about the change (vehicle or driver details for example) before we can give you a quote to make the change.

There may be a change in premium depending upon certain underwriting criteria. In some instances, it may result in a refund!

Please make sure to notify us at renewal if you are planning to change your vehicle.

How do I renew my policy?

We send out renewal documentation to policy holders up to 4 weeks before the actual renewal date. (Timeframes may differ slightly depending on the insurance product!)

If you would like to discuss your renewal with a member of staff, please call 01708 971000 to discuss this further.

For more information, please see our renew page or email

How do I make a claim?

Give us a call on 0343 903 1892 to notify us of your claim.

Please ensure you have the relevant policy documentation to hand.

For more information please see our claims page.

Will be policy be auto-renewed?

No, all policies have to be manually renewed.

What options are available to pay my premium?

There are multiple options available for payment:

  • Pay in full via Credit / Debit card.
  • Pay via BACS.
  • Pay via Direct Debit (subject to status).

Do I need to notify you if I want to lapse my policy?

Yes, it is preferable to notify us if you intend to lapse your policy. This enables us to issue any relevant documentation and update our records accordingly.

What does protected No Claim Bonus mean for my motor policy?

No claim discount (NCD) protection is an optional cover which protects your NCD from one “at fault” claim every year. It does not protect the overall price of your insurance policy.

What is the difference between Comprehensive and Third Party fire and theft Insurance coverage?

Comprehensive Insurance covers accidental damage to your vehicle, while Third Party Fire and theft, does not.

What if I can’t find proof of my No Claim Discount?

Your proof of no claim discount is provided on the renewal invitation from your previous insurer, or by a proof of no claim discount letter. If you can’t find this please ask your previous insurer to resend it to you.

Our Product Areas

Close X

    By clicking the submit below, you consent to allow Clegg Gifford to store and process the personal information submitted above to provide you the information requested. For more information on how we process your data, please review our privacy policy