Car Dealer insurance

No one knows the motor trade like us!
The UK's leading car dealer insurance provider

get quote

Car Dealer Insurance

Our car dealer insurance policies vary in scope, shape, size and price. Depending on whether you operate from a showroom, small garage or even from home – our policy can be tailored to suit your requirements. Whilst buying and selling may be your primarily occupation, our policy will also allow for vehicles being worked on by you, and can be extended to cover your personally owned vehicles as well. Our car dealer policies can include:

Car Dealer With Premises Insurance

For those car dealers who operate from a business premises – even if that premises is adjoined to their main residence – we can offer the full combined insurance package which includes road risks, alongside liability cover as well as property and equipment cover as well. Our team are well versed in combining mixed usage as well – it is perfectly normal for a dealership to have other services on offer, including mechanical servicing alongside sales activities. Our car dealer at premises policies can include:

  • High value stock and specified cover on expensive vehicles
  • Public and Employers Liability up to £10 Million Indemnity Level.
  • Equipment, machinery and plant – high sums insured.
  • Engineering inspection.
  • Road Risks for Motor Trade including recovery and movement of customers / own vehicles and extensions for secondary activities such as buying & selling.
  • Office contents and other equipment, as well as stock.
  • Money cover, business interruption & Theft.
  • Buildings
  • Own vehicles covered including personal and business vehicles.
  • Marine cover for stock in transit

Car Dealer at Home Insurance

Those who deal from home only need road risks cover for the most part. However it is common for those car dealers who operate from their home to have other cover in force – including public liability and even cover for office and business equipment kept there. This need not even be your full time occupation – for those who do deal only part-time, we have no minimum MID threshold – and are quite content to cover those who want a motor trade policy simply for the convenience of moving vehicles and buying / selling on their terms – not bound by volume of cars sold.

Whilst public liability is strongly advised – it is just as important to ensure that you have adequate cover for the value of any own and customers vehicles you keep there. Again this is something we can provide as standard with our policies.

Finally, we also frequently cover additional locations – where stock vehicles that are kept elsewhere, although again – you must make the underwriter aware of your requirements.

Get your quote now