Motor Trade Insurance
At Clegg Gifford, we are the largest motor trade insurance broker in the country and work directly with a number of the UK’s leading motor trade insurance companies. Our policies provide cover for all aspects of the motor trade business; from part-time car dealers based at home, through to mechanics, accessory fitters and dealers of all shapes and sizes.
We have been placing motor trade risks since 1967, so there isn’t much we haven’t seen in our time. That means, whatever risks you face, we can tailor the protection you need.
What Cover Is Provided By A Motor Trade Policy?
Motor trade insurance is a catch-all term for a group of policies for businesses and individuals working in the motor industry. The possible scenarios each business or individual faces depend very much on the particular business type. However, generally speaking, a motor trade insurance policy will cover risks such as:
- Care, custody and control – Protects vehicles when they are left with a business and are no longer covered by private vehicle insurance;
- Sales activities – Provides cover when demonstrating, collecting and delivering vehicles;
- Any driver – Companies operating in the motor trade may need cover for just one driver, a known group of drivers or for ‘any driver’.
Other Risks Motor Trade Insurance Can Cover
The number of extras that can be included as part of your motor trade insurance policy is almost limitless. Some may be included as standard, while others may be added for an additional premium. Some of the typical additions to a motor trade insurance policy include:
- Public liability insurance
- Employers’ liability insurance
- Premises cover
- Cover for driving overseas
- Business interruption insurance
- Goods in transit cover
- Business stock/office contents cover
How Can Clegg Gifford Help?
The cover you need will depend very much on you and your business. In some cases, you may already have cover from another source. As a specialist motor trade insurance broker, it is our job to discuss your specific requirements with you and assess your needs. We then find a motor insurance policy that protects you against those risks without spending a penny for cover you don’t need.
Get your quote now